Hey every one!
I have been procrastinating writing this update for two weeks now! I decided I better hurry up and get it done before Felicity turns another month older! So here it is! Felicity's four month update! And a little update on Vincent and Stormy!
Felicity turned 4 months on June the 4! May-the beginning of June is always crazy around here! We kicked the month of with Mothers Day! My first as a mommy of three! We celebrated by taking the kids to the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans. It was a fun but hot and exhausting day! The next week we celebrated Stormy Graduating from K5 and Aaron's 34th birthday! The next week we celebrated the Kid's birthday, and the next week Stormy's Actual birthday followed by Vincent's actual birthday! It was a month of Celebrations!! Felicity had a few milestones of her own to celebrate!!! On May 18 she rolled from her Belly to her Back for the first (at least the first time Mommy had seen it!) It is fun to watch her realize that after she rolls to her belly she can keep going and roll to her back! On May 25 Felicity finally grabbed her feet! I say finally, she wasn't late with this milestone, She had been trying so hard to get them all month but just couldn't seem to figure it out! Then when I laid her down to change her diaper she finally grabbed them! It was sweet! she had this big smile on her face, like she was so proud of her self! At her four month Dr. appointment the Dr. was very pleased with her numbers! She weighed 12lbs 15 oz. and was 25 1/2" long! The Dr. was shocked at her amount of growth and actually had the nurse measure her a second time! The Dr. said that Felicity is ahead on her milestones and developmentally doing great!!! Which makes Mommy happy! I need to tell you about Vincent and Stormy quickly before this turns into a book about Felicity!
Vincent turned 3 on June 3! I can not believe it has been three years already! He is getting so big! At his 3 year check up he was 31 lbs and was 38" tall! I think we are going to see him catch up to, and pass, Stormy in a couple of years! Maybe even sooner than that, at least on the weight side of things! He celebrated his birthday with a Dinosaur theme party! Since his and Stormy's birthday's are 8 days apart we just have a joint party! This year we took them to a skating rink. They had a blast, we piratically had the entire place to ourselves, with the exception of another small birthday party! He is still all boy! He loves to play in the dirt. the night I was making their cakes for their party I sent him outside to play. I watched him from the table as I worked on the cakes. He sat in the dirt and played with a stick, dog toy, and his shoes the entire time! He was out there all afternoon until after dark. by the time he came inside he was covered in dirt! I took pictures of him, cause he looked so cute! I thought to myself then, "No one enjoys life more than a little boy does." He has such a vivid imagination. He loves to play with his light saber and his guns. He runs around the house pretending to be fighting "bad guys" and "aliens" and cutting through doors and walls with his light saber. It is funny to watch, but sometimes mommy gets tired of the game ,and takes away the light saber, usually after he has whacked Sissy with it. He still is very attached to his blankie. We like to call it bio-hazard blankie, because it stinks so bad, even after being washed! He takes it every where, I wonder if he will ever give it up along with his thumb sucking. He is a sweet boy, he absolutely loves Felicity. I am amazed at how attentive he is with her. I thought we may experience jealousy issues with him, but so far we haven't. He has been great with her. and you can tell that Felicity adore her big brother!
Stormy turned 6 on May 26! That is hard to believe! Six years already!? Man I feel like I am getting old! I felt so young when she was born, I can't believe it has been six years! At Stormy's six year check up she was a whopping 39lbs! compared to her 37 lbs at 5 years! she was 46 3/4" tall. She is just a little string bean like her mommy was! Stormy Graduated Kindergarten on May 13! We home schooled all year, and are going to continue to do so as long as we feel that is what God wants us to do. She did so well with school! Next year we will be involved with a cover school, which will provide more opportunities for Stormy to get involved. She is looking forward to it, but for now she is just enjoying her summer break! Stormy is such a great helper for me! On house cleaning days we usually tag team to get the work done! I do the dusting, kitchen, and bathroom and she does the toy room, her room, and vacuuming! I pay her to help, so its not slave labor people! This is such a great help to me and we get the house cleaned in half the time working together! Now if we could just get that little brother of hers to help out! since the Baby has been born there have been a few mornings where Stormy has helped me by getting breakfast ready and on the table for her and Vincent! Now I am not talking scrambled eggs and sausage biscuits or anything, but she has made oatmeal for us, reheated left over pancakes, and fixed bowls of cereal for her and Vincent! It is a huge help, esp. since a lot of times when they wake up I am already sitting down letting the baby nurse. Its great having such a mature and ambitious 6 year old who can help out in so many ways. But sometimes she takes it a bit to far! Example a. I returned from checking the mail box to find Stormy changing the babies diaper. She said the baby started crying so she thought she need a dry diaper. Example b. sometimes when we are cleaning up she goes and rips what ever toy Vincent is playing with out of his hands, and goes and puts it away. This usually results in a knock down drag out fight between them. I have to remind her on the daily that she is not the Mother! I am! Stormy is reading like crazy! Sometimes I have to take the books from her so she will go to sleep. I have even caught her trying to read in the dark and then complaining about her eyes hurting! I would like to know what her reading level is, just for curiosity's sake. She has been reading since she was four, but her reading has really taken off since the second half of the school year. She loves arts and crafts also. This summer she is going to try gymnastics and see how she likes it! We didn't do ballet this past year, and now she tells me she is not interested in it any more. She is begging to learn to play the Violin, ever since she found out I used to play a little (very little). I am going to see if we can't get my old Violin fixed up for her and find a teacher for her! Like Vincent she is very attentive to Felicity, and you can see the sister bond already growing! Side note here, I think transitioning from two kids to three kids was much easier than going from one kid to two kids. It probably helps having a child like Stormy, but still it was much easier than I had anticipated! Well I am going to end this for now! Hope you all are doing well.
Much Love to you all,
Becky K!









No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your thoughts on any of my post so please share them here!