Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Stage Two , is it ever going to end!

Well, I haven't updated in a while mainly because I have been to tired to bother with it. So thought I would post a quick update on where we are with the kitchen project. Last time I updated we were starting stage two, which involved mold treatment, waterproofing the cinder block, and plumbing. It morphed into leveling out ground under the house where dogs had dug huge holes, and some water erosion, then laying a vapor barrier, then digging out about 4" of yard from around the house,( to prevent rain water from running in the vents under the house.), repairing/replacing joist and support beam, and finally plumbing, plumbing, plumbing and oh yeah plumbing. I don't think we will ever finish stage two. Just when we think we are done we find something else that needs to be fixed so we can move on. We are still working on plumbing, this time it is bathroom fixtures that have decided to start leaking. So hopefully when we get the plumbing to the bathroom all squared away, we will be able to move on. Hopefully soon we can start putting insallation up under the house and then praise God we should be finished with everything under the house. I have faced my fears this week, and spent 4 1/2 hours under the house filling in holes and laying the vapor barrier. I hate the thought of what kind of bugs could have been crawling on me. I tried not to look to much at the dirt or think about what kinds of spider webs were probably all around me. I am so glad we are almost done with this stage. It has taken much longer than I thought, but things are getting fixed, and getting done right! Hopefully next time I update we will be on stage three! Or four! Well tonight is break night, we are fixin to enjoy a big bowl of icecream and watch a movie on crackle!

Becky K!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on any of my post so please share them here!