Tuesday, April 17, 2012

All Down Hill from here!

The sliding glass doors are installed!!! It took three men to load and unload them, but only one super good looking husband with a little help of his 28 wks. Pregnant wife to install them! We installed the doors on Wednesday, and really didn't get much more done on the house until Friday/Saturday. There were three outlets in the toy room that due to vaulted ceiling had to have their electrical wiring ran underneath the house. This was our last major thing to do under the house. Started working on them late Friday night kept having little issues slow us down, and two hours into our work with nothing to show for it, we decided to call it a night. We got up early Saturday morning ready to conquer the issue and move on. Three hours later the three outlets were finally wired! So we took a little break and walked over to the annual Strawberry Festival at the park by our home. When we got back from the festival and had some lunch, put kids down for naps, we decided to get back to work. Our goal was going to be to finally permanently put in place the last little piece of subflooring. Then Aaron was going to crawl back under the house from the crawl space and put up the last three piece of insallation in the crawl space, and we were going to start prepping the kitchen to be drywalled. Well our little deck on the house wich was right out side the sliding glass doors, is a big hindrance to getting in the crawl space, not only that it was rotten and falling apart. So step one was to demo. The deck to get it out of our way. We never got past step one. As Aaron tore apart the deck I hauled the wood to the Burn pile. Not long into this process I ended up slicing my arm open on a piece of that rotten dried out old wood.

We both quit at that point to go doctor me up. I was busy holding the slash together and keeping my arm elevated above my head, to keep it from bleeding. Aaron went to scrub up and get the first aid kit. So far so good. But then when I brought my arm down and took my hand off it for him to see, he near about fainted. He went white as a sheet and got clammy and dizzie. He is not a fan of blood no matter how big or little the cut. And I couldn't hold my cut together clean it, and tape it with one hand. So I ended up calling our preacher. He was still at the Strawberry festival across the way, and would not take long for him to get there. So I called he happened to be with some EMT's and brought them along since I really was not sure how bad the cut was myself. So here come my preacher and two EMT's in a little emergency responder golf cart from the festival. I was nearly embarrassed to death, but Aaron was leaving me little choice, and I didn't think it was ER worthy and the urgent cares were all closed by this time of day. The EMT'S suggested it need stitches or glue but I could get by with butterfly bandiads. It wasn't bleeding, so I took the bandaids. The EMT'S also mentioned about getting a Tdap shot. I didn't think I was going need one or even be able to get one being pregnant. But after being nagged by several people. I finally called the on call OB and told them what happened and asked them wht I should do and if the Tdap shot was safe for pregnant women. The OB told me it was safe to get the shot and and she highly recommended it. So I ended up going to the ER for the shot, while there the Dr looked at my cut and decided it needed to be steristriped,since it wasn't staying closed. He was afriad to suture it or glue it because it was inflamed, he thought it may get infected. So they cleaned it and put the strips on and wrapped it. Then gave me a shot and sent me home. Needless to say we didn't meet our goal we had set for the weekend, which was to start dry walling. Our new goal is to have the kitchen completely drywalled in by this coming weekend, and start mudding. And hopefully before Aaron leaves on his next business trip at the end of the month, we will have the kitchen painted and tile floors laid, and be ready for cabinets! I am so beyond ready for this little project to be over. I am really itching to get started on the boys room. I am so ready for everything to be back in place and then just sit back and wait for Lucius to get here! Only 11 more weeks to go! I am 29 weeks pregnant today! Hopefully I will be reupdating this next week to say we meet our goal and dry walled the kitchen! Till then!

Becky K!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on any of my post so please share them here!