Thursday, April 26, 2012

Current happenings

I have been posting updates on the kitchen but not on the family so I thought today I would update on the kids! We'll start with the youngest and work our way up! Since technically Lucius is the youngest I will give you a brief update on my ever growing baby bump! I am 30 weeks 2 days pregnant! This has by far been the fastest pregnancy! Everything is looking good so far! He has a strong heart beat and is very active! I am loving watching my belly move like crazy when he is kicking and doing somersaults! We are over the moon excited about meeting this little guy in July! I just hope we have a room ready for him before then. Next in line is Felicity. She is changing so fast. In the past month or so she has really take off with signing. We have taught basic ASL sign to all of children, and I can't tell you how wonderful the concept of teaching a baby to sign is! Talk about a sanity saver! I highly recommend it to all parents. Any way, here is a list of signs she is using to communicate with us.... Daddy, more, water, mommy, cracker, dog, bird, cat, all done, please, and occasionally thank you (but not very often)! She seems to be picking up new signs daily. It was so great when it finally clicked with her that she could sign to us and we understood. Talk about a chatter box, Felicity is constantly talking baby jibberish all day long non stop. She looks at you so intently and just jabbers away. It is so cute! I think when words actually start coming out we are going to have a little mess on our hands! She is also a little dare devil. We have to keep a close eye on her all the time. Just the other day I was putting clothes away in her room and she was trying to climb the dresser. She made it about two drawers up before I could grab her and tell her "no no". She is always climbing on something or trying to get out of the house. One afternoon Aaron walked in the door from work and no sooner had he taken of his hat and turned to shut the door, to realize Felicity was half way across the front yard, looking back at us over her shoulder just a grinning. She loves giving hugs to every one! It is so sweet. And she loves being a little ham. She loves playing with her big sissy and bubba too. I just can't believe how fast she has went from baby to toddler since her birthday! Moving on to Vincent. That boy has kept me on my toes the past week or so. Here is a warning to moms of boys, keep silly bands out of reach! Vincent is horrible about getting into things durning nap time when he is supposed to be sleeping. One particular afternoon last week, I had decided to also lay down for a quick nap. Vincent had gotten up several times this particular day and one of the times I noticed he had changed his clothes. I finally got him to lay down and go to sleep, only an hour later to have to wake him up so we could go pick up daddy because the starter had gone out on his car. Any way, I get the kids out to the car and then Vincent just starts going crazy, trying to pull down his pants I figured he had to go to the bathroom. I was wrong. And shocked. The problem was Vincent had taken a silly band and tried to put it around his waist, but it was all caught up around his privates. I quickly broke it and got it off of him. Thank goodness he hadn't caused any injury to himself. I have no idea what possessed him to do that. It doesn't end ther with him. This past Monday while at a homeschool party at a local park, Vincent peed his pants. The kid hasn't had an accident in atleast a year. But not only did he pee his pants he apparently had a sudden case of the runs. And was embrassed to tell me, I saw him over by the the bath room building holding his underwear in his hands. I Panicked of course and ran to see what he was doing. Only discover that not only was he coverd in his own mess but the side of the building was covered in it also. I have no idea how he managed to fling stuff five feet high on the side of that building. All I know was I as quickly as possible cleaned it up with the only thing I had, wet wipes. By the time I had cleaned up the side of the building and Vincent I had used nearly an entire large pack of wet wipes. Needless to say that was the end of the party for us and home we went! Vincent also realized how much he likes having Felicity around. I had gone grocery shopping and taken Felicity with me, leaving Stormy working on school work and Aaron and Vincent working on the kitchen. When I got home Aaron told me Vincent was walking around sighing and said he sure wish Felicity was there, then he could have some one to play with, cause he could push her in the swing. So sweet! But this brings me to another story. Last Thursday I was busy working in the kitchen and watching the little two play in the back yard. Vincent said he wanted to push felicity in the baby swing, so I went and put her in the swing made sure she was strapped in securely and told vincent not to push her to hard. The next thing I know I see Vincent twisting the swing as high up as he could twist it and then let it go. Felicity was spinning so fast her little legs were flung straight out and she wa struggling to stay sitting up right. I started hollering to Vincent to stop her, he just looked at me like "what's the problem mom." He finally grabbed the swing to stop it but not before it had fully untwisted and twisted back up and started to go agian. Once he stopped her and untwisted her Felicity just glared at him. I asked him what in the world made him do that and he told me Felicity likes to do that and she wanted him to do that. Some how I don't think that any of her jibberish she may have said to him could translate "please twist my swing up and let me spin until I am sick and dizzie!" Boys are a mess. And last but not least an quick update on Stormy. We are onnour official count down till summer. Homeschooling has been busy busy this year. We have 14 days left on our curriculum and both of us are more than ready for a summer break. Joining the homeschool club has really opened up opportunities for Stormy this year. She has started taking violin lesson with a group of about 20 other homeschoolers, she has had fun taking a hand sewing class with another group. And she has joined the drama club and even had the opportunity to take some MMA (mixed martial arts) lessons. She was in her first play with the drama club this past Friday. She was so excited about it and she looked like a little Shirley Temple! Drama is over for the summer but Stormy can not wait for the fall session to start. We only have two weeks left of violin and then they will break for the summer, and yesterday was the last day of MMA until next school year. She also played soccer this year with our towns league and did cheer leading with Upward. And in a few weeks for the first time ever she is going to spend some time with her grandparents all by herself. She is really excited about this, mommy is a little nervous about leaving her, but it is something that Aaron and I decided would be good for her,and she is old enough now. So we will see how she does being so far away from mom and dad for several days. Other news Stormy (or should I say mommy) has had a little project for the last month. Raising 4 baby possums. We started out with seven tiny baby possums but three died. The remaining four seem to be doing well. Stormy has been begging to raise some baby possums ever since we went to the nature place here called Five rivers and they had a pet possum the kids were able to love on. Since then she and Aaron have researched possums and how to care for them. I let them dream about it not thinking I would have to actually deal with it any time soon. Well lo and behold a mother possum crawled in the drive way at Aaron's work and kicked the bucket with a pouch full of babies. So here we are nearly one month later, they are starting to eat on their own, and hopefully soon will be finding a tree to call home in the great out doors! Stormy has high hopes of us keeping one but I keep reminding her that we are releasing them. I think that about gets you up to speed. You already know what Aaron and I have been up to, rennovations and more rennovations. I will have a kitchen update soon! And it involves dry wall praise the Lord! Till then! Becky K!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on any of my post so please share them here!