Monday, August 19, 2013

Out of the Mouths of Babes



If you live any wear along the Gulf Coast then chances are this summer you have spent most of your time indoors due to rain.  I know we have and I am ready for some sunshine.  So the other night I could tell there was another storm rolling in, I shouted to the kids "lets go for a quick walk before it starts raining agian."  So we all hurried out to the garage to get on our shoes, set up the stroller and get the kids bikes down. I got Lucius situated in the stroller, felicity ready to go on her trike, and Vincent on his big boy bike, and looked around to see where Stormy was.  She was still inside getting the dog ready to go, I sent Vincent in to hurry her along.  When he came back out, I was noticing how much closer the clouds were getting.  I start grumbling, "come on Stormy we have to hurry" then I said "I am so sick of rain, can't do anything because of the rain."  Then I looked at Vincent who was looking at me, with out hesitation he looked me dead in the eyes and said  "Gods trying to teach you patience Mom."  I was blown away.  I looked at my five year old son and said " Your right Vincent. Thanks".

  Our Sunday School lesson just a couples days earlier had been all about learning patience through different trials and temptations in your life. I guess I needed to hear the message from a five year old for it to hit home. Who would have thought a five year old could have so much insight.

   1 Corinthians 1:27
         But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.






post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on any of my post so please share them here!