We had decided early on that we would not tell anyone the baby's gender until after we had revealed it to the kids. I had made matching big sister/brother shirts for all the kids and two onsies for the baby. A little brother and a little sister one. We had told the kids they had to come to the hospital to see the baby to find out which one it was. When Aaron finally was able to leave to go get the kids it was already after noon. Every one outside of our kids was going crazy not knowing the gender. I kept getting calls asking can we tell the gender yet. While Aaron was gone I got the baby ready to meet her big brothers and sisters. I put her cute pink onsie on her. And swaddled her up so that none of the pink was showing. When the kids walked in they were so excited. They wanted to know right away. But we made them say what they thought she was first. Then I slowly peeled back the receiving blanket, to reveal her shirt. Instantly seeing the pink Stormy began to cheer "woo hoo. It's a girl a little sister!" Vincent on the other hand began to cry. He had so badly wanted another little brother. He had thought for sure that I was going to have a new brother for him and that the baby was going to sleep in his room, that he could not hide his utter disappointment. Which Aaron and I found both humors and heart touching at the same time. Our Vincent is such a tender hearted boy. Felicity was excited about a new little sister and Lucius was instantly thrust into being a proud protective big brother, and didn't mind it one bit. All the kids took turns holding the baby, Felicity and Lucius wanted to hold her most of all and began to fight over her. They both ended up in my lap sharing the baby. We snapped some pictures had the nurse take a picture of all of us and then Aaron to the kids home so I could rest. I had still not been to sleep since waking up the morning before. Our Nora had made her entry into the world one to be remembered for sure. She was born at 5:30 am on
February 18, 2014. Weighing 6lbs. 13 oz. and 19.5" long. And thought it was the birth story it had day dreamed about, and we didn't experience that euphoric moment of the Dr. holding her up in the air to announce "it's a girl" I would not trade it for anything, it is her story, it is how her beautiful miraculous life began. And I am just glad of that. The beginning.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your thoughts on any of my post so please share them here!