Hey Everyone,
I am finally getting the chance to write about Mother's Day. Aaron had asked me about a week or so before Mother's day what I wanted to do. I had been begging him to take me and the kids to the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans for a while so naturally that is what I told him I wanted to do. (helps that I had been saving up some of mad money to make the trip) So he said we would go. Mothers where getting in free for mothers day so seemed like a perfect day to go! Wrong, news flash if you want to go to the Audubon, don't plan your trip on a holiday or other special occasion day, go on some random middle of the week day. That zoo was so slammed we could hardly move. we had to literally wait in line at every exhibit so the kids could get up to the fence rails and see the animals. There was hardly room for the strollers, so I spent a lot of time sitting or standing close by with the strollers while the kids and Aaron went on to look at the exhibits. And to make the situation even more stressful, Felicity would not nurse. I think it was just to hot for her on top of the fact I was trying to use one of those nursing covers and she didn't like it at all. I guess I am not breast feeding savvy ,cause unlike a ton of other moms of nursing babies I saw, I was just not comfortable walking around with it hanging out while I "enjoyed" the zoo. I seriously do not know how women do that. I mean no cover ,no nothing, just hanging out with a baby attached? Any way, by the time we made it around to the back part of the zoo Vincent was over it. and we were too. We had as much fun as we could but now it was time to go! lol! We left the zoo at 3:30 and there were still people pouring in. after we left we went to the Hard Rock Cafe and had dinner and walk around a little bit. Then we headed home! All in all, in spite of the heat, the crowd, and the fussiness we had a pretty good day! It wasn't the zoo experience I was hoping for, but the kids had fun anyway. We are planning a trip to go back in the Fall when Aaron's work slows down and he can take off during the week. This time I think we will stay the night and see the aquarium and insect place too! Here are some pics of the day! enjoy!
Love to all!
Becky K!
on our way! but potty brake first!































































You have such a beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the kind words you have written on my blog. You've really been a blessing and an encouragement to me!
God Bless,
Natalie Ross
Thank you Natalie! You have def. been a blessing and Encouragement to me! Funny how that works! Still praying for you daily! and your family!
ReplyDelete