Thanks Giving day is less than 48 hours away. My cooking preparations start tonight! But Before everything gets crazy in the rush of preparing for a what is sure to be a fabulous day with Family, I thought I would blog a little! I have been horrible about keeping up with my blog ever since we went on our Beach Vacation in October. Which I still have not blogged about. This time of year is just so busy. I try not to get lost in all the activities, and just enjoy my kids. I haven't been doing such a hot job at that lately.
Tomorrow my Mama will be coming down!!!! My youngest brother went to Tennessee to fetch her and bring her home for Thanksgiving! I can't wait! But before she gets her I have been doing some cleaning out, and trying to get the house ready for Putting up Christmas Decorations this weekend! You may remember my post about Shedding the Shed, well we have never completely finished that little project. Two weeks ago we got back out there and got rid of another truck load of stuff, so there is now room in the shed for the kids' go karts, and power wheels which freed up quite a bit of space from the garage! But now I have started going crazy shedding stuff from the house. I have said it before, and I will say it again! I can't stand JUNK!! It just drives me nuts having to much stuff, it stresses me out, and it makes keeping the house clean a lot harder of a job.
So today my goal was to get ride of three garbage bags full of stuff out of the family room. The entertainment center was overflowing, the storage closet was over flowing, the book shelves are over flowing. After breakfast Aaron and I started to tackle the situation! Our rule for cleaning out the entertainment center was this," if the music is not christian, and movies not Kid approved they get tossed". We threw out over 130 movies, and about 130 music CDs. The movies were easy to get rid of, the CDs were a bit more challenging, I used to love my country music, so it was hard to let some of it go, but my thought was "If it is not praising God then, I don't want my kids being influenced by it." And Music and movies can have a very strong influence on a persons mind, feelings, and behavior. We still have over 300 movies, I am sure we will weed back through them and toss more. besides 90% of them sit in the cabinet and never get viewed a second time. After cleaning out the entertainment center I tackled the closet. I ended up getting rid of a stack of "stuff" for the good will and probably one garbage bag full of trash! So totally we got ride of four garbage bags full of trash and one stack of stuff for the goodwill!! I feel pretty good about getting rid of so much junk! And since the shed project is near completion we can tackle the garage next!!! But we will save that for after Thanks Giving! Until then I have several casseroles that need to be prepared, so I can do my final touches on the house in morning and spend the rest of the day tomorrow and Thursday with my Family! Hope everyone has a great Thanks Giving!
Becky K!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your thoughts on any of my post so please share them here!