Monday, November 12, 2012

Love and Marriage, Your Still the baby in the carriage.


This conversation happened quite sometime ago, but I wanted to blog about it before I forget it.  Vincent has reached the age where, he has decided he wants to marry mommy when he grows up!  Melts. My. Heart!!  I remember when Stormy used to say the same thing about Daddy.She would also say that "when she gets big, she is going to marry daddy and it will just cancel you and him out mommy". Of course like with Stormy, we explained to Vincent that he can not marry mommy because #1, I am your mommy you just can't for that reason alone, #2 I am already married to daddy. #3 I am too old for him.  this went on for days before for he finally conceded, only to turn around and say "well if I can't marry you mommy I will just marry sissy."  So we began explaining to him that he can't marry his sissy cause she is his sissy.  Then Stormy added her two cents worth by saying "yeah Vincent, besides I wouldn't pick you any way. I already have some one picked"   Aaron and I were like Stormy that was mean, but we asked her who she has picked, she then got all embarrassed and wouldn't tell us. So began the guessing game. I told her I bet I could guess. I asked her " Is it someone we go to HS CO-OP with?" she said no. I asked her " Is it someone we go to Church with?"  She said yes.  I asked " does his name begin with a _?"  she said yes. I asked "does his last name begin with a _?" she said yes, then I said "is it _____?" and she said "yes".   During all this I had no idea how serious Vincent was taking the whole topic.  Once she said yes about that certain little boy, Vincent became unglued. In his signature high pitched screaming crying combo,  he jumps up out of his chair at the supper table, and takes off running to his room in sobs screaming in words barely understandable through the crying " Sissy is going to get married and I never gonna see her again" (door slams)  It was sad, but at the same time so funny that I couldn't hold my laughter in. I started howling.  After I had a good laugh, I went to Vincent's room, he was still hysterical, and I talked him into coming back to the table.  It took a lot of convincing to get Vincent to finally understand, that Stormy IS.NOT. getting married anytime SOON. and that even when she does get married he will still be able to see her.  And that they do not need to worry about getting married, or who they will marry cause they are still babies. And we will let them know when they are old enough to get married.  Kids crack me up.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on any of my post so please share them here!