I can feel it, it is getting a little bigger everyday! and makes me feel giddy, and unable to sleep! I am talking about Christmas Spirit! I am getting more excited about Christmas everyday! Having kids of your own at Christmas, makes you feel like a kid again yourself! I love that Christmas song, "It's Beginning to Look A lot Like Christmas". It has been stuck in my head since Thanksgiving. It is true, my reading list is full of Christmas themed blogs, People's homes lit up with the glow of Christmas lights. The smell of Christmas Cookies. Christmas branches bending beneath the weight of too many ornaments hung on one branch by sticky sweet little hands. Gift wrapping, and Chocolate Advent calendars. Nativity scenes. Cooler air ( well some days here in the Deep South). Christmas Movies with the kids while sipping hot chocolate. Reading Christmas Stories at night in front of the tree. It's every where. And all too soon it will be over and the world will move on to the next big thing on their agenda. But I know that the Christmas Story doesn't end there. That is just the beginning. The beginning of a beautiful, love story, of a Savior named Jesus, whose birth we celebrate on Christmas Day. The whole "reason for the season" is the fact that we are Celebrating the Virgin Birth of a Child named Jesus, who is God in the flesh, who chose to come to earth, live among us humans as a human, enduring all manners of hardship and testing so that he could identify with us, and then by living a perfect sinless life, offered himself as a sacrifice on the cross to pay the debt or our sins. To offer us forgiveness and hope,and salvation. This Christmas and every Christmas I want my kids to know that above all Christmas is about Christ, and about what he did for us,and how we can show that love to others. Yes we enjoy all the other worldly elements of Christmas, but center focus is not about us. Christmas was not meant to be a day of selfishness and "give me give me give me" it is to be a day of selflessness " giving of ones self." So as with Last Christmas, I encourage you to find a way to not only take but give, and I am not meaning just giving gifts to your kids, give to others in a way that makes a difference in some one else's life. Evaluate how much you spend on Christmas, and consider cutting back, and taking what you save and give it to a Charity. One great way to give is to donate to an adoption fund. A Great Adoption Ministry to give to is Reece's Rainbow, they have an Angel tree of Waiting kids, that you can donate to for an adoption fund. You can Click HERE to go straight to the Angel Tree page, chose a Child and donate. It's a great way to reach out and touch someone else life. And Spread the Christmas Spirit! I know this blog started out silly and then got serious, and I hope you have read it completely! Hope this Christmas Season finds you blessed beyond measure. And I pray that you share those blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your thoughts on any of my post so please share them here!