Thursday, December 20, 2012

Vincent 4 1/2 years old


Last week I suddenly realized that Vincent had had is half birthday! which in this house hold mean photo-shoot time!  and update! So here we go...

   Vincent is four and a half years old! Holy Rusted Metal Batman! I can't believe it!  Seems like we just celebrated him turning one, and now we are almost five.  Since Vincent's birthday update, not alot has changed other than he is growing like a weed, in the 90th% for height. I can't remember his weight percentile but it is low, he only weighs  38 lbs.   He is still all boy, still loves Star Wars, Angry Birds, Bow and Arrows, guns, cars, dirt, the list goes on.  Probably the biggest things that has happened for Vincent is starting his K4 curriculum! He has been so excited about starting school work this year, and when we finally started in September he was over the moon!  I thought this would be short lived but, he is still loving it. Every day he is excited about what he is learning. He is doing much better than I had expected. Which makes this Mama one happy lady! Sure he has the usual focusing issues of any four year old, but we can work through that, as long as he is eager to learn, and not getting bored with his work. It is so fun to watch him learn his phonics. He cracks me up when he says the word consonant. He gets so excited when he see's letters he has learned, and is eager to point them out to us and tell us their sound. He is starting to understand basic reading concept of a blend and a consonant put together to make a word. The other day while going over his blends we came to the blend Ca (short vowel sound) and Vincent got all excited and said "if you add the consonant T it would say cat." I was so excited in that moment cause I knew things were starting to click with him!  He is such a smart, and sweet little boy. He really is such a joy to be around. He can bring a smile to my face almost anytime he looks at me! one day we were working on school and Vincent looked up at me and winked at me! It totally melted my heart. I know I am going to miss these days when they are all grown up, so I am trying to make the best of it. I wish I could freeze time, but I can't so the best I can do is enjoy the small things. Well For Vincent's Half Birthday photo shoot we choose something that best says "Vincent".  He loves starwars and is always working on his "light saber" skills. So I took some picture of him showing me some of his mad skills. Which leads me to one last Vincent story before I end this.  A couple of weeks ago Vincent was practicing his skills in the toy room. He was busy doing flips, and jumps and twisty-turny things and then he land in this "fight pose" and all of a sudden he threw his light saber across the toy room. Then he just looked at it for a moment and then turned and looked at me and said " huh, when Skywalker throws his, it comes back to him?" He was completely shocked that his light saber didn't come back to him like Skywalkers. It was hysterical. I love how vivid his imagination is. Well enjoy the pics!













post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on any of my post so please share them here!