Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Lucius' 5 Months update


I don't even know where to start for this update letter.  I have been thinking about what to write for the past week now, seeing how Lucius turned 5 months old on December 9th, I figured I need to at least write something.  To be honest I am doing horrible at keeping up with all his milestones.  I take mental notes of things he is doing but rarely (like never) remember to write them down some where with a date so I can go back later and fill in his baby book, and use them to write his update letters. I mean I guess I have four really good excuses for being a slacker. on top of those four very busy little blessings, we are homeschooling the oldest two, and the youngest two are in diapers. So yeah even just with that alone you can pretty much imagine life is busy. If you are a mom then that last statement is true for you also.  Still I want to try to keep up the tradition of writing monthly updates for my precious Lucius, so when he is grown he can have a baby book full of memories, just like his older siblings. and I guess that is where I will start,

   My Precious Lucius. He definitely is that, precious.  He has the biggest smile, that will melt your heart. And he is so easy to get to smile, all you have to do is look at him and he smiles. So. Sweet.  He also loves to laugh, and squeal, and try to talk to you.  He is getting so big so fast.  He is already wearing 6-9 months clothes, and has been since he turned 4 months old. He sat up unassisted for the first time on his own just days before turning 5 months old.  He can sit unassisted for very short periods of time, most of the time we just put the boppy around him or put him in the bumbo seat. He started rolling from his back to his belly the day after he turned 4 months. He was already rolling from his belly to his back.  But now he is starting to roll all over the place. He is still not sleeping through the night, but when he does get up usually we are back in bed within 20 minutes. He is a little grabby gerdy, you have to keep everything you don't want him touching way out of his reach. The other morning at the breakfast table, he grabbed my bowl of cereal and pulled it off the table into my lap. The good thing was it landed right side up and nothing was spilled. He loves to pull hair, you can see him eyeing Stormy's hair when she is close by and then those chubby, dripping with drool, little  hands reach out and grab a fist full of hair, and pull it straight to his mouth.  He has become a little wiggle worm.  He is constantly moving unless he is asleep.  He has reached the stage where he locks his legs and stands in your lap while you are holding him. His favorite place to be is in mommy's arms, but he will settle for anyone who is willing to sit and hold him.  He is sleeping with out being swaddled.  I stopped swaddling him about two or three days before he turned 5 months old, and he stayed down when I put him to bed, we have been swaddle free ever since. We have attempted to ditched the swaddle multiple times, but he wouldn't sleep with out one until now.  He is still breast fed only, and refuses to take a bottle of any type, or a pacifier.  We have not introduced any foods yet, and when we do the Dr. said we need to be slow and careful with it because Lucius may have food allergies.  He has horrible eczema, which the Dr. said is sometimes a tell-tell sign of food allergies.  I hope not, but we are still going to be very cautious when we do start introducing him to foods. But as long as he is happy and growing I think we will stick to BM only for as long as possible.  Other Milestones, are the obvious, Lucius celebrated his First Thanks Giving this past month.  We celebrated with my side of the family here at our home. It was a great time, the kids especially enjoyed getting to see their cousins.  Lucius meet Uncle Chris for the first time at Thanks Giving.  He also sat on Santa Clause's lap for the first time Dec. 8.  He didn't seem to mind one bit that I passed him off to a complete stranger covered in a huge fake white beard. He smiled and tried to eat Santa's beard. He was also in His First Christmas Parade Dec. 8.  Aaron and I were walking beside the kids float, and Aaron was pushing Lucius and Felicity in the double stroller, while I was walking Benji (our dog). November and already the first half of December have been very busy. I think I have hit all the highlights.   I am going to have to end this now, I have a little terrorize-r  on the lose, and Lucius just woke up form his nap. So before the house is destroyed, I better sign off. Here are a few pictures from Lucius' 5 months photo shoot. We sure had a blast with these ones,enjoy!







post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on any of my post so please share them here!