Well, I meant to post this two months ago, I was waiting to add pictures because I had hoped my computer would be back up and that Aaron would have found all my pictures, but there hasn't been time to work on it yet with home rennovations I full swing agian. Hopefully soon I will be able to get my computer back, I really hate blogging from the iPad. Any way on to the late update.
Lucius turned 7 months old on February 9 th. January was a slower month for us due to lots of illness. Fortunately not Lucius though. Lucius perfected his army crawl and actually started getting up on his hands and knees and rocking back an forth. I thought he would surely have started crawling on hands and knees by his 7 month mark, but he is taking his time. Army crawling gets him were he wants to go and he his happy with that. We attempted spoon feeding Lucius some durning January. But he really has no interest in eating solid foods at all. He doesn't even attempt to eat food when it is placed in his mouth. Instead he starts blowing spit bubbles with it, and I get showered with mashed peas, or oatmeal, or _____ fill in the blank with whatever food you try. Although on day I though he was going to have a change of heart, and he actually started swallowing some of the food I was feeding him. But that didn't last longer than two or three bites. So we will just stick to breast feeding, it's easier, cheaper, and less messy any way. Lucius still doesn't have any teeth but he looks to be showing signs of teething. Also still not sleeping through the night. Most nights we are still getting up every couple of hours to nurse. I know they say they don't need to at this age, but he nurses very aggressively durning the night, so I think he is genuinely hungry, also he his by no means over weight he is just average size, so I am going to continue to let him nurse through the night, at least as long as he is wanting/needing to. He is a very good baby, but who's ever heard of a bad baby. I hate that saying, no baby is bad, they are just babies, I should say Lucius is low maintenance, he plays happily with his toys and doesn't fuss often. And usually naps well in the afternoon. And at night although he does get up to eat, he is not fussing, and goes back down after eating with no problems. Well I can't believe how fast this 7months has been. We are all just head over heels with Lucius and his little personality that is starting to bud. I can't even imagine life with out him as part of our not so little family. Well until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your thoughts on any of my post so please share them here!