We have been out of pocket over the Holidays, and I decided not to blog at all during the week of Christmas and New Years, until after we returned home. I will blog about our Christmas and New Years
another time. For now I will update you on what we have been doing since we returned home. If you have been keeping up with my blog at all over the past year then you know that we recently finished a huge Kitchen renovation if not you can go back and read all about the Kitchen project starting with THIS post.
there are multiple post one the Kitchen Project since it took 5 months to complete. Any way, I have mentioned several times about renovating the boys room next. We had hoped to get it done before Lucius was born, but those plans didn't work out. I am just glad I am not pregnant for this project! and that it is not a Kitchen or Bathroom project, and there is no plumbing involved!! We are finally starting the Boys room projected. Well we finally started the project, last night to be exact. Stage one was Demolition. We started after we put the kids to bed around 7 pm last night and finished around midnight. Knock on wood, so far there have not been any unexpected discoveries upon tearing out the Sheetrock carpet, ect. There was a little mold, Which we were expecting, there was a lot less than I actually thought we would find. I just finished doing a mold remediation treatment in that room. so once it is thoroughly dry, our next step is to drylock (a water proofing treatment) the cinder block wall, caulk the floors and walls and ceilings for any places air could be leaking in/out. and then start dry walling. Here are the pictures of Stage one! Oh all the debris from the room weighed 900 lbs. I am always amazed at how much that stuff weighs. the Kitchen weighed just over 2 tons. Well enjoy the pics. I hope to be more regular about updating throughout the process this time.








No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your thoughts on any of my post so please share them here!