It's Friday!!! and that can only mean one thing around here! FUN!!! And today, being my favorite day of the year, First Day of Fall, has definitely been fun! The kids and I had a great afternoon on a park play date with some other people from our Home School Club. We went to a park that was new for us, which is always a good thing! The kids loved it and are saying it is their new favorite park. When we came home we decided it was past time to decorate our front porch for fall, so that is what we did! I took down the spring/summer stuff, swept, and then sprayed down the porch ( to get rid of side walk chalk art!) and then put up our fall decor! But the highlight of the night was when my brother and sister in law stopped by for a visit. The kids were a little disappointed that they had to go to bed before their Aunt and Uncle arrived, but we have big plans for tomorrow and they need their sleep!
While visiting with my sister in law, we started talking about crafts. She showed me a picture of this Awesome Alabama wreath she made for football season. Which led to us talking about other types of wreathes to make. Which led to us talking about making those little felt flowers that are all the rage! Next thing you know, I am digging through my craft stash for some felt, scissors, hot glue, and alligator clips. Then we grabbed the iPAD and got comfy on the family room floor and made these adorable hair pins for my girls!
I think for first timers they turned out pretty darn cute! I can't wait to make more Felt flower projects. Oh and we got the instructions for how to make these ridiculously easy and fun flowers on pintrest!
And here is a picture of our front door. I think I need to add some more leaves. or something, and definitely a door mat. I threw away my old fall one, so I am the hunt. And please ignore the fact that my front porch floor needs a new paint job. It is on the ever growing list of things to do to this house. Actually I think I am going to have my husband pressure wash the old paint of and just leave it bare concrete. Less upkeep that way! I made the little monogram pumpkin last year. I really wanted one of the cute ceramic ones from Hobby lobby last year, but they were $40.00 !!!! So I bought this foam pumpkin on sale for 5 dollars, (maybe 10 I can't remember) and then came home and painted the letter K on it! I thought it was cute. I think I am going to get a few more pumpkins this year and paint Bible verses on them about giving thanks! hope you all are having a Family Fun Friday! and if you are link up and share what your family is doing on this first day of fall!
Becky K!






No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your thoughts on any of my post so please share them here!