Tonight I was listening to the radio in the garage while I gathered up junk to carry out to the road for trash day. I listen to 88.5 aka Power 88, it is contemporary Christian Music. I love it. But that is not the point of this post. While listening an inspiration message came on the radio. The man giving the quick three minute message, had been a millionaire, and was also a christian who thought he had his life together. It wasn't until his wife asked him to take a Crown Finical Class did he realize he was wrong. He said in his testimony, he went into the class proud, thinking he already knew all there was to know about money. What he didn't expect to learn form the class was that Money had become an Idol for him. He had been worshiping money with out even realizing it. This spark some thoughts in my brain. What am I unknowingly worshiping? A clean house, the perfect friendship, the "got it all together" image, being the best mom? It is so easy to lose focus on Who we should be worshiping and that is the One True Creator God, and Lord Jesus Christ. Lord forgive me for placing all these other vain things in my life before You and for failing to worship You and You alone. In Jesus Name I pray Amen.
Becky K!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your thoughts on any of my post so please share them here!