So I am 9 days late in posting this, but better late than never, right?! Any way, Lucius turned 2 months old Sunday Sept. 9. I just can't believe it has been two months already. With each kid you have they seem to grow up faster and faster.( I think I have said that before! but it is true) I guess it is because you are so busy with all the others that there is not as much time to just sit around waiting and watching them grow.
Lucius had a good two month check up. He was 12 lbs and in the 50% for weight. Which for my kids is BIG! none of the other three were 12 lbs before 4 months of age! He was 23.25" long! and in the 60% for height. He grew 1.25 inches the past month and moved up 10% on the curve. He is definitely growing like a weed! Other milestones last month included Starting to smile in response to us!!! Best. Milestone. Ever.!!! He had been smiling randomly since birth but on August 14 he started smiling when we would talk to him or smile at him! Melts my heart every time! I just love those big toothless baby grins! Lucius also loves to talk to us! He has been cooing for some time now, and just really enjoys looking into our eyes and just telling us all about it! I told Aaron I don't remember any of the kids liking to "talk" as much as he does so early on. He will stare you right in the eye and coo and squeal for 5- 10 mins. non stop. I love it! and if there is not a person nearby to talk to he will talk to his overhead toys, and the toys hanging from the handle on his car seat. He also plays with his over head toys on his tummy time mat. He started batting at them a couple of weeks ago, and seems to really love playing. he will play contently for 15-20 mins at a time some times longer. He is doing well with sleeping at night. we still get up a few times a night, but occasionally he will sleep straight through the night. We try to have him in bed by 9:30pm, he is still sleeping in the cradle next to our bed. This is a record for us, Felicity slept in our room for a little over a month, Vincent and Stormy never slept in our room. Things are definitely different when you have kids sharing rooms, you don't want the baby to wake anyone up! Also doesn't help that we have never gotten the boys room ready for the baby! 5 months of Kitchen renovations kinda messed up my nesting plans! But hopefully soon we will be getting the boys room all squared away and move Lucius in with Vincent, who is very eager to start sharing his room with his baby brother! Our First night home with Lucius Vincent was extremely upset that Lucius was not going to be sleeping in his room yet. Any way back to Lucius! The boy is LAZY! I put him on his tummy for his tummy time, but it does no good. he just lays there! doesn't really even care to lift his head, I know he can do it because I have seen him, but he could just care less. When you are holding him upright he can support his head and he holds him self up away from you, so the ability is there. and his neck is def. strong enough. He would just rather be held and snuggled, and Mommy is pleased to oblige. One thing I have learned after having four, You can't spoil a baby. I can remember being so worried if I rocked Stormy to sleep or held her to much that she would get "spoiled" now I am wishing I had held her more, and rocked her to sleep every night. I am sure I held her more than I can remember, but it is just one of those things, before you know it they are half grown and you are wishing you could turn back time, slow things down and enjoy life more. I can tell you this much, I did this with Felicity and I am doing it with Lucius, I don't care if they use me as a human pacifier, if they will let me hold them and sleep in my arms I am going to hold them! Cause one day all to soon, they are going to want to be independent and not want Mommy to snuggle them and kiss them. So I am relishing in it while it last! Well now that I have had my tangent I will end this little update! I have not finished Lucius' two month old pictures but when I do I will post them!
Becky K!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your thoughts on any of my post so please share them here!