I can't believe we are half way through Lucius's first year already! Where does the time go? I find myself wondering a lot lately, "what in the world did I do with my time before I was a mommy of 4?!" I used to wonder " What in the world did I do with my time before I was a mommy" when it was just Stormy, now I can't imagine life with out 4 little persons demanding my attention round the clock. I love to sit and watch the four of them, they crack me up, and sometimes I think am I dreaming? These four little people with their own very strong and different personalities running around our home keeping us on our toes, and filling our hearts with love. any way, enough of that on to the update..
Lucius turned 6 months on January 9th. He has changed so much over the past month, he is like a completely different baby. he was 15 lbs 9 oz at his check up, and was 27 inches long. He is still strictly breastfeeding but we plan to start cereal this next week He is still not sleeping through the night, and yesterday the Pediatrician told me it is time to start making him self sooth and try to go back to sleep on his own. We have already tried this before and it has not worked, but we tried again last night. He woke up around 11:30 pm last night and I let him fuss and with in 5-10 minutes of off and on fussing he was back to sleep. Of course when he woke up again at 1:00 am I got up and fed him. In his last update I told you he was sitting up by himself for very short periods of time, well now he can sit and play for long stretches of time. Which he loves. He even took baths in the big bath tub with big sister Felicity, Just sat there like a big boy with no help. He was rolling all over the place before, but now he is rolling with purpose he sees something he wants he rolls to it. even if it is across the room. As of Saturday January 5th he has started army crawling. He loves to blow raspberries with his tongue, and spit bubbles. I think he was doing that before 5 months I just forgot to tell you about it. He loves making this adorable "donkey sound" when he is laughing, he starts sucking in the air really hard and making this loud " heee, eeee, eee" sound. He likes to fake cough.He loves playing "peek-a-boo". He loves playing with his toys, not just his over head toys, but will pick up rattles and cars and play with them. right now he has a little rhino shaped shaker in his hands shaking it back and forth. He sometimes sits in the highchair at the table while we are eating dinner. I try not to hold him in my lap while I am eating, because the whole time he is just trying to grab food of my plate or spoon. He is such a happy baby, everyone who meets him comments on how happy he is and smiley. His contagious smile and gorgeous brown eyes will melt anyone's heart. He is growing up so fast, and We are trying to soak up every minute of him. Some other milestones I forgot to mention. Lucius celebrated his first Christmas! He pretty much slept on his Pop Pop Kirkland's chest through all of the gift opening. But he loved his little gifts, we got him a drum that lights up and plays music when he hits it, and a little fur real walking puppy. I think the puppy is what really encouraged him to start army crawling. He also celebrated his first new years. Although the only one in the kirkland Family to stay up and actually ring in the new year was daddy. The rest of us were to tired to care about ringing in the new year. He had his first sickness. The week before Christmas he got double ear infections. Poor baby was miserable. Well I think that about sums up the past month. Hope you enjoy the pictures, I actually wrote this update over a week ago, it has just taken me this long to get time to edited the pictures and post them with this update! Enjoy!
This was the end of our photo shoot. Guess that is Lucius' way of saying " Mom I am over it!"



















No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your thoughts on any of my post so please share them here!