Okay, maybe I am just weird, or paranoid, or both, but every year making the decision to get the flu vaccine or not is a huge deal for me. I have never been one to over do it on medicines and really try to do with out as much as possible. I never got Stormy a flu vaccine until she was 3 1/2 years old, when the Dr. practically cornered me about it at Vincents 6 months appointment. Basically made me feel like a horrible mom for never having had her get one before and pushed me into an on the spot decision to get one for her and for Vincent. Since then we have not gotten them. But at Felicity's 6 month appointment yesterday the Dr. was already telling me I need to bring all three kids in and have their flu shots done. I really do not know if I am going to do them or not, I would like to hear what some of you think about the Flu vaccine. To get it or not to get it. I think that if I didn't stay home with my kids, and that if I didn't home school, there might be better reason for getting it. But since I do keep my kids home with me and they are not as exposed to everyones' germs during the Flu season I am not sure it is worth it. Tell me what you think, I would love to know.
*side note Just because I feel this way about the flu vaccine, doesn't mean I do not vaccinated my children. All three of my kids are completely up to date with all their Vaccinations. The Flu vaccine is the only one I have mixed feelings about.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your thoughts on any of my post so please share them here!