Recently a blogging friend shared a picture in her post that I thought was very interesting. It was a picture of a baby in the womb and the words on the picture said " pretend I am a tree, and Save ME!" This blogging friend shares a similar burden with me. A burden to see an end put to abortion. I am sadden at the thought that plant matter has more value in this world than A human beings life does. A tree does not have feelings, it does not have personality, it does not have opinions, it does not have a soul . But Humans do, Babies Do! The planet does not need saving, but People do. Jesus did not die on a cross to save a tree, he died to save you and to save me. and the only way one can be saved is to come to a saving faith in Jesus Christ. The only way some one can gain that saving Faith is through hearing the Word of God. The only way they are going to hear is if we share.
I am not going to pretend like I am some super christian who does this all the time. I admit I fall short and keep this message to my self all to often. I want to stop being worried about rejection and worried about embarrassing myself. Because after all it is not me they are rejecting it is God. I know it is easier said than done, and I want to take the first step right here on my blog. If you do not have a saving faith in Jesus, but you would like to and are not sure how to here is something we teach the kids in VBS, I hope will help you.
The ABC's of Christianity
Admit- admit to God that you are a sinner, that you believe that if it were not for his free gift of Grace and salvation, there is no way you would be able to make it to heaven because of your sin. You see we all sin and sin separates us from God. We need something to pay the price for our sins so that we can have a relationship with God. That something was His son Jesus Christ.
Believe- Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved. Don't just believe with a head knowledge, make it a heart knowledge. You have to believe with all your heart that Jesus is the son of God and that He came to this world as the virgin born only begotten Son of God, that he lived a sinless life, so that he could die on the cross to pay for your sins to provide a way for you to have a relationship with God, that he was buried and on the third day rose from the dead to conquer death once and for all, and is now seated at the right hand of the Father God in heaven.
Confess- confess with you mouth that Jesus is Lord and savior of your life.
John 3:14-19
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world. but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on Him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation that light is come into the world, and men love darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your thoughts on any of my post so please share them here!