Thursday, August 25, 2011

I go to the Rock

I don't know if I am the only one that ever feels this way, but sometimes I just wished there were a place I could go to just vent all my frustrations and feelings and not have to worry about hurting anyone's feelings.  I was feeling like this shortly after the baby was born. I am sure I was probably having a little bit of baby blues making my feelings much more intense. But I was walking at the park one day, on the verge of tears over some frustrating things going on in my life and just wishing I could talk to some one who I could know would not get their feelings hurt or feel offended or run their mouths to someone else about what I said.  When it dawned on me. I could just go Straight to God, DUH! Why was I carrying this around with me? I could just lay it down at The feet of Jesus and be done with it. I guess I had developed a complex about not being selfish or complaining when I pray. But God wants us to cast all our burdens on Him he tells us so in His Word.   It was  like a brick hitting me in the fore head, go to the Rock! When you need a friend go to the Rock.  As soon as I got home from that walk I ran and got my prayer journal and everything that had been building up in me that I just wanted to scream about, I gave it all to God. I wrote as fast as I could get the words down. I felt so much relief when I finally turned it over. Now any time I start feeling like that, instead of carrying it around with me I go straight to the Rock of My salvation and I lay it down, and then I ask for God's strength to get through what ever it is. It is not selfish, and it is not complaining, it is simply relying on God and being honest with Him.  He already know's our every need but He wants us to bring them to Him and give them to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on any of my post so please share them here!